Dr Lyn Foster
MNZCCP, MSc, DClinPsych
My academic career involved studying at Victoria University and Massey University for eight years specialising in psychology. I undertook this training as I am passionate about helping people live rewarding and fulfilling lives. Becoming a psychologist was not just about helping people when they are unwell or struggling but also helping them achieve a balanced and enjoyable life.
Prior to studying to become a psychologist I held management roles and ran my own small business. I am an active person and live on a lifestyle block with my family and our animals.
I enjoy working with young people, their families and adults and feel privileged that I can be a part of their journey. In my practice I have assisted people with depression, anxiety, chronic pain, panic attacks and relational difficulties. My specialty interests are trauma and attachment/developmental trauma. I collaboratively work with other clinical psychologists, therapists, GPs and health professionals to provide a comprehensive service for clients.
I now work full in a private practice and previously was at the Hutt Valley District Health Board in the Infant, Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service for 4.5 years and Whanganui District Health Board in the Adult Mental Health Team.
- BScHon in Psychology
- MSc in Psychology
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology
Registration: Registered with the New Zealand Psychologists Board
Professional Association: Member of New Zealand College of Clinical Psychologists (MNZCCP)
ACC Supplier for Sensitive Claims: I am a registered provider for ACC and are able to offer assessments and treatment for people who have experienced sexual abuse or assault. ACC fund these services allowing people to focus on treatment and recovery.
- CBT training while studying to become a psychologist
- Introductory, Advanced and Bootcamp ACT courses
- Introductory and Advanced Adolescent ACT courses
- Part 1 and 2 training in EMDR (6 days)
- Master Class training in EMDR (5 days)
- Supervisor training (2 days)
- Plus workshops and webinars (i.e., attachment workshop, EMDR attachment webinar, Structural Dissociation workshop, Learning to Love Again workshop)